The Art Gallery serves also as the lobby for our theater. Each year six to eight new exhibitions are scheduled to coincide with theater productions. Gallery hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, Sundays 8:30am-1:00pm, and during all theater performances. Easiest access to the Gallery is through the west entrance to the church.
Chair: Patty Griest, 260-625-3543, email firstname.lastname@example.org
2013-2014 First Presbyterian Art Gallery Schedule
- September 6 - October 20, Anne Beresford - Mixed Media; John Mishler - Metal Sculpture. Reception Friday, September 6, 5:30-7:00pm.
- October 25 - December 1, Vasselin Vasevski - Oil Paintings; Al Martin - Ceramics. Reception Friday, October 25, 5:30-7:00pm
- December 6 - January 19, Diane Groenert - Drawings; Tom Fuhrman - Blown Glass. Reception - Friday, December 6, 5:30-7:00pm, preceding Theater Dinner
- January 24 - March 2, Randy Jackson - Photographs; Curtis Rose - Mobius. Reception - Saturday, January 25
- March 7 - April 20, Penny French-Deal - Watercolors; Kay Kohler - Baskets. Reception - Friday, March 7, 5:30-7:00pm
- April 25 - June 8, Mark Phenicie - Spaceships from Found Objects. Reception - Saturday, April 26
- June 13 - September 1, FAME (Foundation for Art and Music in Education) Exhibition of art by young children across Northeast Indiana
The Permanent Collection consists of a number of original works of art and artifacts owned by the church. Team responsibilities include inventory, appraisals, conservation and display of the works. We need and welcome volunteers interested in learning the "art" of handling art.