Despite a rainy evening, the First Pres Gallery hosted 707 visitors September 21 for the Fort Wayne Museum of Art Trolley Tour. California photographer Kurt Lawson was present for the exhibition of his work..
The Art Gallery serves also as the lobby for our theater. Each year six to eight new exhibitions are scheduled to coincide with theater productions. Gallery hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, Sundays 8:30am-1:00pm, and during all theater performances. Easiest access to the Gallery is through the west entrance to the church.
Chair: Patty Griest, 260-625-3543, email firstname.lastname@example.org
2012-2013 First Presbyterian Art Gallery Schedule
- September 7 - October 7, Kurt Lawson - Photographs; Reception - Friday, September 7, 5:30-7:15pm
- October 12 - November 25, Room for Hope - Art of Palestinian Christians; Reception - Friday, October 12, 5:30-7:15pm
- November 30- December 30, Rising Stars - Art work by Weisser Park Middle School Students; including drawings, paintings, ceramics, puppets, and sculptures from students in grades 1 through 5. Reception - Friday, November 30, 5:30-7:15pm
- January 4 - February 24, Parish Show #42; Display of visual works by talented members of First Presbyterian Church congregation. Reception - Sunday, January 6, 12:15-1:30pm
- March 1 - April 21, Don Kruse - Prints & Drawings, and Al Martin - Ceramics; Reception, Friday, March 1, 5:30-7:15pm
- April 26 - June 2, Gwen Gutwein - Oil Paintings, and Rebecca Coffman, Ceramics; Reception - Friday, April 26, 5:30-7:15pm
- June 7 - August 25, FAME (Foundation for Art and Music in Education) Exhibition of the art by young children across Northeast Indiana
The Permanent Collection consists of a number of original works of art and artifacts owned by the church. Team responsibilities include inventory, appraisals, conservation and display of the works. We need and welcome volunteers interested in learning the "art" of handling art.